The Quick Reference Guide to Using Salesforce for B2B Sales
Salesforce is a powerful and versatile customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps B2B buyers maximize their potential sales revenue.
Think of it like this: Salesforce is the hub for all your customer data and interactions. In this way, it helps you track, measure, and monitor key data points that paint a picture of what the ultimately customer needs.
Salesforce also enables salespeople to store and manage customer data, create automated sales processes, track customer interactions and communications, manage leads and opportunities, analyze performance metrics, and more.
Having these critical data sets and reporting contribute to shorter sales cycles and greater revenue generation potential in the long run for business buyers.
In this guide, we’ll touch on how to use Salesforce for B2B sales throughout the entire customer journey at every touchpoint.
Steps for Configuring Salesforce to Meet the Needs of B2B Sales Teams
Step 1: Set Up Your Salesforce Instance with the Right Permissions and Customizations
Salesforce is highly customizable, which makes it easy to tailor it to the unique needs of B2B sales teams. Start your marketing campaign by setting up your instance with the appropriate user roles and access levels for each team member. This will ensure that everyone has access to the data they need to do their jobs.
Next, customize your Salesforce instance with the right fields and information to track key B2B sales metrics. This will help you capture valuable data points such as customer accounts, opportunities, leads, and contacts that are essential for successful B2B sales operations.
Step 2: Integrate Your Existing Systems into Salesforce
In order to get the most out of Salesforce, you’ll want to make sure it integrates with your existing systems. This will allow for seamless data exchange between different parts of your marketing strategies and provide a holistic view of customer interactions.
Integrating Salesforce with your other systems also enables automated workflows that can help streamline B2B sales operations. For example, you can set up automated reminders to follow up on leads, or automated processes to convert prospects into customers through your marketing automation tool.
Step 3: Create Custom Reports and Dashboards
Salesforce makes it easy to create custom reports and dashboards that summarize data relevant in relation to each customer pain point. This helps everyone stay on top of key metrics such as customer engagement, lead conversion rates, and sales performance.
While you can use inbuilt templates, customizing these reports and dashboards will make it easier to track progress toward sales goals. You can also use this data to identify areas of opportunity or improvement in your B2B sales process.
Tips for Organizing and Managing Data within Salesforce
Data organization is key to getting the most out of Salesforce for forecasting and implementing a data driven sales strategy. Here are some tips for organizing and managing your customer data within Salesforce:
- Organize accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities into folders or categories based on different criteria such as customer type, product/service type, geography, etc. This will make it easier to find and manage customer data.
- Create standardized processes for naming conventions, as well as entering, updating, and managing data in Salesforce. This will ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to inputting and managing customer information.
- Keep your sales pipeline up to date with accurate information on current leads, opportunities, and deals. This will make it easier to track progress and measure performance.
- Set up automated alerts for certain activities, such as opportunities that are nearing completion or accounts that need attention. This will help you stay on top of key tasks related to B2B sales.
- Use Salesforce dashboards to visualize data in an easy-to-understand format. This will help you quickly identify trends and pinpoint areas of opportunity.
How to Integrate Salesforce with Other Sales Tools and Systems
Integrating Salesforce with other sales tools and systems can help you maximize the effectiveness of B2B operations. Here are some tips for integrating Salesforce with other sales tools and systems:
- Create a unified view of customer data by utilizing the integrations Salesforce offers. This will make it easier to access and analyze customer data in a single source.
- Set up automated workflows to streamline key sales processes such as lead generation, qualification, grading and scoring, or follow-up activities. This will save time and increase efficiency.
- Integrate Salesforce with your CRM system to create a unified view of customer data across all channels. This will help you gain deeper insights into customer behavior and sales performance.
- Integrate Salesforce with software such as email or marketing automation platforms. This will help you capture data from across different channels and identify trends in customer activity.
Strategies for Utilizing Salesforce to Track and Manage Leads and Opportunities
While the specific strategy will vary from company to company, there are some best practices that you should follow when using Salesforce for B2B sales:
- Set up customized fields for each category of lead, prospects, customers, etc.
- Create a detailed lead score to track progress and measure performance
- Organize all leads into different stages of the sales cycle
- Utilize Salesforce dashboards to track key metrics such as lead conversion rates
- Set up automated workflows for follow-up activities
- Leverage Salesforce’s reporting and analytics capabilities to gain insights into customer trends
Using Salesforce to Improve Communication and Collaboration among Sales Team Members
Sales teams can use Salesforce to improve communication and collaboration between members. Here are some ideas on how you can use Salesforce to do this:
- Create a central repository for sales team communications and discussions
- Set up automated notifications to keep team members informed of important updates
- Integrate Salesforce with chat and instant messaging tools to facilitate real-time conversations
- Utilize Salesforce’s reporting capabilities to track team performance
- Create an internal knowledge base for sharing best practices and strategies
- Create an internal rewards system to recognize top performers and motivate the team
Advanced Salesforce Features and Functionality for B2B Sales
Here are some of the features and functionalities to consider using:
- Salesforce AI: Sales reps can make use of Salesforce’s AI capabilities, such as Einstein Analytics, to gain insights into customer behavior and performance trends.
- Salesforce Communities: Utilize Salesforce Communities to build internal and external networks that foster collaboration and communication.
- Salesforce Mobile App: Use the Salesforce mobile app to keep track of customer data on the go.
- Integration Platforms: Leverage integration platforms such as MuleSoft or Dell Boomi to create a unified view of customer data across different systems.
- Salesforce APIs: Utilize Salesforce’s APIs to automate key processes and connect with external data sources.
How Interrupt Media Can Help with Salesforce for B2B Sales
At Interrupt Media, we specialize in Salesforce implementation and optimization. Our team of Salesforce experts can help you set up a custom-tailored system that is optimized for your B2B sales process. We will work with you to understand your specific needs and goals and build a system that meets them.
Our team can also help you with advanced Salesforce features such as AI, automation, integration, and analytics. We have the experience and expertise to help you leverage these features to maximize your sales performance. In addition, our team can provide training and ongoing support to ensure that your Salesforce system is running as efficiently as possible.
See how we recently did this for SoundHound while maintaining a 99% SLA throughout the project.
Or, if you’re ready to find out how we can help you get the most out of Salesforce for your B2B sales, schedule a strategy session with us.